Last Updated May 24, 2021
Welcome to the MindUP™ website of The Hawn Foundation (The Goldie Hawn Foundation or “TGHF,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), https://mindup.org (the “Site”). TGHF is a not-for-profit organization founded to help children develop the mental fitness necessary to thrive in school, work, and life. MindUP™ is TGHF’s signature program. It consists of an online community designed to offer training opportunities, curriculum, resources and videos.
The Site has been created to further TGHF’s mission. TGHF also makes available through the Site the MindUP Online Interactive Learning Platform (“MindUP Platform”) (collectively, including the Site, the “Service”), a membership program which grants access for free to certain selected content such as newsletters, informative videos, articles, podcasts, webinars and, upon payment, to further resources such as training courses, exclusive content and community features.
- PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
When you contact us or otherwise interact with us through the Service, we collect personal data (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data Collected From MindUP Platform Members: When you apply to join the MindUP Platform or use its features, we collect your first and last name, email address, role, country, and postal code. You can choose to provide additional information about you, such as a photo. If you apply for a paid membership, we will also collect relevant payment information (please read the “Financial Information” section below for further information), information about affiliation (school name, business, parent, health care provider, administrator), school address, grade level and topics of interest.
Personal Data You Provide In Correspondence and Through Forms: We collect Personal Data that you provide to us when you choose to interact with our Site by entering Personal Data into form fields, request information, ask to download content, sign up for events, subscribe to emailing lists, and join our online communities. You decide what Personal Data is provided to TGHF, but this typically includes your name, email address or other contact information, job function, and any other information that you elect to share with us.
Surveys: We may collect information when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
Making a Donation: When you make a donation on our Service, we collect Personal Data such as your name, email address, the financial information needed to process the donation, which may include your billing address, and information about your donation, including the amount of your donation. We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers which are processed by a third-party payment processor (please read the “Financial Information” section below for further information). If you use PayPal, Apple Pay or a similar service, their use of your information is based on their terms of service and policies, not ours, so we encourage you to review those policies carefully. If you make a donation on behalf of a loved one, we may collect name and last name of the recipient and, if you elect to provide this information, the mailing address of the recipient. We may also share your name and date of donation with the recipient.
Financial Information: If you make a donation or purchase a membership to join the MindUP Platform via credit card, our payment processors, Stripe and PayPal will process certain payment and billing information, such as billing address, payment card details and bank account information. If you have questions about how Stripe and PayPal protects such information, please read Stripe’s and PayPal’s services agreements and privacy policies here: Stripe and PayPal.
Personal Data We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Medium, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us through your settings on the Social Media Site, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Data We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Service: When you visit, use and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Service, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access and visit our Service (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and Service-navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Service. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Service), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Service.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
If you are a member of our online community, we use Personal Data that we collect from you (described above) as necessary for the purpose of fulfilling our contract with you.
We also process Personal Data for the following purposes and as necessary for the following legitimate interests:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To send administrative information to you relating to our Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and asking you to leave a review or take a survey;
- To process and fulfill your donations, contact you regarding any questions related to your donation, and notify your loved ones about your donation in their honor if you ask us to;
- To administer and protect our organization and the Site, prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks (including troubleshooting, testing, system maintenance, support and hosting of data); and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties, and enforce our terms and policies.
For information about what we mean by legitimate interests and the rights of individuals in the EU or the UK, please see the “European Users” section below.
Marketing. We may contact you to provide information we believe will be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email address, we may use that information to send you promotional information about our activities, such as a newsletter. If we do, where required by law, we will only send you such emails if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by contacting us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding our Services and to respond to your requests.
- HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share Personal Data with service providers, including hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers; event management, email communication software providers and email newsletter providers; data base and sales/customer relationship management services; payment processors; web analytics and advertising services (for more details on the third parties that place cookies and similar technologies through the Site, please see the “Cookies” section below). Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Donations. When you make a donation that is part of a campaign sponsored by your employer, and/or when your employer is being asked to match your donation, we may share your name and the amount of you donation with your employer. We may also identify you as a donor on our Site (including listing your name and amount donated), for example in annual reports or annual tax returns.
- Other Users: Certain features on our Service give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include forums, message boards, chats, and creating community profiles. When you use these features, you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and email address, may be publicly available to anyone, including other users, search engines, advertisers, third party application developers, and anyone else with access to the Service. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit and make public through these interactive features.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to lawful requests from public authorities and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- DATA RETENTION
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS DISCLOSURES
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. TGHF does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to TGHF through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
- EUROPEAN USERS
Scope. This section applies to individuals in the EU (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and the United Kingdom as applicable.
Your Rights. Pursuant to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data, under certain circumstances and subject to any applicable exceptions:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or we need to process your data in order to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing. We may keep minimum information about you in a suppression list in order to ensure your choices are respected in the future and to comply with data protection laws (such processing is necessary for our and your legitimate interest in pursuing the purposes described above);
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns (in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/, or otherwise the EU data protection authority of the country in which you are located).
Please see the “Contact Us” section below for information on how to exercise your rights.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We have implemented security measures designed to protect the confidentiality of Personal Data we process both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to TGHF via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
- YOUR CHOICES
Whether or not you provide Personal Data to us is completely up to you, but if you choose not to provide information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to request access to your data or to ask us to update, correct, or delete your Personal Data.
- CONTACT US
The Goldie Hawn Foundation Global Headquarters
220 26th Street, Suite 203
Santa Monica, CA 90402
+1 (213) 419-4940
For UK based individuals:
We are established in the UK, through The Goldie Hawn Foundation, a charitable company incorporated in England and Wales, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, England, EC1V 2NX.
For EU based individuals:
You can contact DataRep, which has been appointed as TGHF’s data protection representative in the EU, as described below:
- Send an email to DataRep at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “The Goldie Hawn Foundation” in the subject line; or
- Contact DataRep through its online webform at datarep.com/data-request; or
- Mail your inquiry to DataRep at the most convenient address listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: When mailing inquiries, please mark your letters for “DataRep” and not “The Goldie Hawn Foundation” or your inquiry may not reach DataRep. Please refer clearly to Hawn in your correspondence. Upon DataRep receiving your correspondence, we may request evidence of your identity to ensure that your personal data and the information connected with it is not provided to anyone other than you.
|Austria||DataRep, City Tower, Brückenkopfgasse 1/6. Stock, Graz, 8020, Austria|
|Belgium||DataRep, Place de L’Université 16, Louvain-La-Neuve, Waals Brabant, 1348, Belgium|
|Bulgaria||DataRep, 132 Mimi Balkanska Str., Sofia, 1540, Bulgaria|
|Croatia||DataRep, Ground & 9th Floor, Hoto Tower, Savska cesta 32, Zagreb, 10000, Croatia|
|Cyprus||DataRep, Victory House, 205 Archbishop Makarios Avenue, Limassol, 3030, Cyprus|
|Czech Republic||DataRep, IQ Ostrava Ground floor, 28. rijna 3346/91, Ostrava-mesto, Moravska, Ostrava, Czech Republic|
|Denmark||DataRep, Lautruphøj 1-3, Ballerup, 2750, Denmark|
|Estonia||DataRep, 2nd Floor, Tornimae 5, Tallinn, 10145, Estonia|
|Finland||DataRep, Luna House, 5.krs, Mannerheimintie 12 B, Helsinki, 00100, Finland|
|France||DataRep, 72 rue de Lessard, Rouen, 76100, France|
|Germany||DataRep, 3rd and 4th floor, Altmarkt 10 B/D, Dresden, 01067, Germany|
|Greece||DataRep, 24 Lagoumitzi str, Athens, 17671, Greece|
|Hungary||DataRep, President Centre, Kálmán Imre utca 1, Budapest, 1054, Hungary|
|Iceland||DataRep, Kalkofnsvegur 2, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland|
|Ireland||DataRep, The Cube, Monahan Road, Cork, T12 H1XY, Republic of Ireland|
|Italy||DataRep, BPM 335368, Via Roma 12, 10073 , Ciriè TO, Italy|
|Latvia||DataRep, 4th & 5th floors, 14 Terbatas Street, Riga, LV-1011, Latvia|
|Liechtenstein||DataRep, City Tower, Brückenkopfgasse 1/6. Stock, Graz, 8020, Austria|
|Lithuania||DataRep, 44A Gedimino Avenue, 01110 Vilnius, Lithuania|
|Luxembourg||DataRep, BPM 335368, Banzelt 4 A, 6921, Roodt-sur-Syre, Luxembourg|
|Malta||DataRep, Tower Business Centre, 2nd floor, Tower Street, Swatar, BKR4013, Malta|
|Netherlands||DataRep, Cuserstraat 93, Floor 2 and 3, Amsterdam, 1081 CN, Netherlands|
|Norway||DataRep, C.J. Hambros Plass 2c, Oslo, 0164, Norway|
|Poland||DataRep, Budynek Fronton ul Kamienna 21, Krakow, 31-403, Poland|
|Portugal||DataRep, Torre de Monsanto, Rua Afonso Praça 30, 7th floor, Algès, Lisbon, 1495-061, Portugal|
|Romania||DataRep, 15 Piaţa Charles de Gaulle, nr. 1-T, Bucureşti, Sectorul 1, 011857,
|Slovakia||DataRep, Apollo Business Centre II, Block E / 9th floor, 4D Prievozska, Bratislava, 821 09, Slovakia|
|Slovenia||DataRep, Trg. Republike 3, Floor 3, Ljubljana, 1000, Slovenia|
|Spain||DataRep, BPM 335368, Avd. Castilla La Mancha Nº 70-1 (Nave A), 45270, Mocejon-Toledo, Spain|
|Sweden||DataRep, S:t Johannesgatan 2, 4th floor, Malmo, SE – 211 46, Sweden|