MindUP is an evidence-based program grounded in neuroscience, mindful awareness, positive psychology and social and emotional learning.
The Goldie Hawn Foundation is committed to supporting research on MindUP to advance Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) in our schools globally.
Over the past 15 years, the MindUP program has been evaluated via both feasibility and outcome evaluations utilizing both qualitative and quantitative methodologies that has determined MindUP to be evidence-based and offer myriad benefits for students across various demographics. The MindUP program materials and research have been reviewed and been accredited by the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL.org), as a CASEL SELect Program.
MindUP Research Highlights
Children who have received MindUP showed the following outcomes:
- Better stress regulation as assessed by the stress hormone, cortisol.
- Improved academic performance, especially in math and language arts.
- More prosocial, trustworthy, and liked by their peers.
- Enhanced tools and strategies for self-regulation.
- Demonstrated positive effects on reducing aggression and managing stress.
- Increased optimism and happiness.
Schonert-Reichl & Lawlor, 2010; Schonert-Reichl et al., 2015.